Thursday, March 26, 2009

I have two "students" who are really, unbelievably cute. They are like movie cute. They're 3rd grade twins. Also, the love me a whole lot. I have no idea why, because I just make them do work after they've been in school all day, but I'll take it. They like to ask me if I can sleepover and come to their birthday party (in June) which they would like to share with me because they're sad they didn't know me when it was my birthday in December. I just wanted to share some of the cute. Here are some examples:

1) We were playing Bananagrams (which, if you've never played it, is way better than Scrabble) and the boy twin spelled out "coopond" and I was like "what's that word?" and he goes "Coopond. You know like 'I coopond that box of cereal and saved some money.'" Too cute.

2) Tim had to come with me once, because it was the day after my car got destroyed. He was originally just sitting and reading a magazine, but the kids asked him to come over. It was nearly Valentine's day, and the boy twin loves drawing pictures of cars. So he drew a car and used pink and yellow highlighters to color it in and wrote "BEST FRIENDS" in a heart and gave it to Tim.

3) The girl twin took one of her hair elastics out (the kind with the little plastic baubles on it) and gave it to me because that's what she does when she decides someone will be her friend forever.

4) They wrote a story, in their own free time, about me being a Princess and them being a talking plant and a magic dog and we all go on an adventure.

5) For our "Valentine's Day Party," they decided the most fun activity they could do would be to "write a book about math and dogs" so I could show it to my other kids. It was an activity book of sorts. This included drawings of bears and trampolines under which they wrote things like "what is this ? is it a *bear, *book or *banana?"

The list goes on, but it's nice outside.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh god. My heart just melted a thousand times. I love cute/awesome kids.