The Animals: House of the Rising Sun
So this one wasn't live. Whatever. If I could design a skirt, dress, house, car, bicycle, etc. to look like those suits they are wearing, I would. I just love that look.
The Temptations: My Girl
The Temptations are hard to beat. I also have fond memories of this song because of the 1991 movie. I was told I was a lot like Vada. I need to watch it again. Watch it again AND CRY. I also like their suits.
I wish this song was better. Nice try, Fonzworth Bentley. The Andre 3000 part is good, naturally.
Sam Cooke on the Jerry Lewis Show
Now, I'm not a fan of Jerry Lewis. I do love Sam Cooke, though. I also like the intro to the show, including the ad for the aftershave named "Citation" because if that's not already an Axe scent, it will be soon. The second song is a little weird. I also like his suit.
If you've never heard Sam's cover of Summertime, you should. I like it because it's, obviously, about the summertime, but it's in the minor key and spooky (depending on the version).
The Association: Windy
These guys certainly don't look like pop stars. I don't like their suits.
The Kinks on some stupid show.
They don't sing or anything, I just can't believe something this cornball was watched by an entire nation. Not crazy about the suits.
2 comments:
I LOVE the Temptations movie. I used to watch it on VH1 all the time.
I don't think I've seen the Temptations movie, but I would probably love it. I saw a clip from it when I was watching their vids on youtube! I was unclear in my comment; I meant "My Girl" with Mccauley Culkin (that should make my Vada comment make more sense).
Post a Comment