Sunday, June 28, 2009

SO

I am second guessing myself about going to L.A. I'm realizing that I might not be the kind of girl that can set off on her own and take a job in an unknown city. I don't know what to do. I miss Tim so much, and L.A. is so far away from everyone I know. A year is a long time, too. Le sigh, I just want to be confident about whatever decision I make, and right now I'm not confident about anything.

Edit: Thank you, Meredith, for your kind words. Also, Matt was chatting with me earlier about this whole situation. You two are so nice!

Here's the rub: I didn't get a teaching placement. I thought for sure that I would. I was, I thought, the "education intern." The placement they did give me is at a place called Chrysalis. Now this has become strictly a year of service, with no added resume benefits. I have no problems with a year of service, but I am wondering if it would be better to try to find an education jobs around here. The prospect of living in L.A. for a year is still exciting, if also scary. I'm strangely relieved, but I can't tell why just yet. It does give me the opportunity to re-think things. I don't know. BAH!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Don't worry, Addie, I have yet to meet anyone who's really confident about what they're doing with their lives. I will say that getting into the Americorps program is a real testament to how talented you are, and that it will probably be a great opportunity no matter how scared you are right now (and it's normal to be scared). Whatever you decide, we (your friends) will support you!