Monday, June 29, 2009

SO Part II

While I didn't get a teaching position, I actually feel pretty good about working at Chrysalis. I am, for the time being, relieved and excited. This is a big difference, even from this morning, so we'll see how long it lasts. Hopefully it'll last a while. Chrysalis seems like a really good organization; very well organized, well funded, and the rampant celebrity endorsements make it seem like it's probably pretty successful and effective. I have always wanted to do some kind of service year, and even though I'm scared and I miss Tim every day (twice as much as I did the previous day), I think I might be kind of nuts to turn this opportunity down.

This video made me cry big time:


Froth and Fun:



Today's quote of the day should be this beauty, by Mark Twain. It should probably be my mantra. I want to believe it!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

This has been my yearbook quote moment. Thank you for your attention.

No comments: