I like to run on the rail trail because it's flat and mostly shady. On Tuesday I was on the rail trail and a retarded man on a bicycle started following me. He appeared to be out on a trip with some sort of group home, so I don't know why they didn't try to keep him with the group. He kept giving me high fives, riding beside me and saying stuff like "look, young lady, I know it's hot, but I want you to know that you have good form!" Then he'd ride away. Ten minutes later he'd be riding back and be like "Hello again! Out for a jog? Keep it up!" I saw him five or six different times and the last time I saw him he just said "Awesome! Awesome form!" I did really well that day.
The worst thing that happens when I run is when I forget to make a play list before I head out. Then I have to just put the ipod on shuffle and hope for the best. Today, while I was at about mile three, I came to a really sunny, hot stretch. No shade in sight. It was wretched, I was pretty tired, but I just wanted to keep going. You know, head down power through. I couldn't get a decent song. It was terrible. I skipped through The Cure, Billy Bragg, a boring, operatic Elvis Costello song, etc. Where's Daft Punk when you need them? I cursed my boring musical tastes and walked until it became shady. As soon as I hit the shade "Champion" came on and I was like dammit! I didn't do nearly as well today.
No comments:
Post a Comment